baslinux - Re: [BL] Creating Wordperfect 5.1 files in linux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Creating Wordperfect 5.1 files in linux
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 01:35:28 +0000 (UTC)

I am told that the result of using M$ WORKS (under DOSEMU), importing, editing, exporting back to WP, then importing into M$ WORD latest version, though it looked fine the second time around in Wordperfect, had assorted garbage at beginning and end. With a text editor in WP (via WORKS) I noticed lots of garbage all over the middle too (not displayed by WP).
It also changed the number of columns.

I recommend using MS WORKS under DOSEMU only to view, not edit a WP file.

Sindi Keesan

  • Re: [BL] Creating Wordperfect 5.1 files in linux, baslinux, 12/03/2008