baslinux - [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:28:13 -0400

So I've been trying to do a hard disk install of BasicLinux 3.5 on a Pentium I with 16MB RAM and a 1GB HDD using the following tutorial:
http://logicassembly.com/linux/basic_linux_install.htm
(I'm not trying to dual boot with DOS though, I'm just adapting the instructions to a single install)
So I got to step #5 and then when I did lilo -v, it said /boot/zimage didn't exist.
And it doesn't. I'm pretty sure I did everything before that correctly, but now I'm stuck.
Does anyone know what to do from there? All of the documents I've seen on this seem to deal with BasicLinux 3, not 3.5 (Is there a difference?) and /boot/zimage exists for them...