baslinux - Re: [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:59:10 -0400

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================

I've been trying to do a hard disk install of BasicLinux 3.5 on a Pentium I with 16MB RAM
when I did lilo -v, it said /boot/zimage didn't exist

I assume you are installing from the floppy version
of BasicLinux. When you executed install-to-hd, did it ask you to insert the first floppy and then it copied from it? That was zimage going into /boot

If there is no zimage in your /boot directory, you
probably are still running on the ramdisk. As the instructions say, you need to reboot and run from
the HD partition you have just created. On that
partition you should find the zimage file sitting
in the /boot directory. It is on that partition
you execute: lilo -v

All of the documents I've seen on this seem to deal with BasicLinux 3, not 3.5 (Is there a difference?)

Nope. BL3.5 is just the current version of BL3.
Anything we say about BL3 applies to version 3.5