baslinux - Re: [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /boot/zimage doesn't exist, what do I do now?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:56:58 +1300

Message from Steven
===================

> when I boot BasicLinux from the HDD I get the
> welcome screen, but instead of getting "Press
> Enter to activate this console" I get nothing,
> just a blinking cursor. Nothing I type gets
> printed on the screen,

Strange error. The fact that you get the welcome
screen indicates that the kernel has booted OK
and /etc/rc has successfully executed. At this
point the most common error is: "no more tasks
-- sleeping forever" (which is caused by putting
read-only in /etc/lilo.conf).

I assume you haven't put read-only in /etc/lilo.conf.

I wonder if the bootloader in your MBR is having
an effect. Do you have any idea which bootloader
is currently in your MBR? DOS? LILO? GRUB?

Have you got anything else running on this computer?
If BL3 is the only thing you want to run, I suggest
you edit /etc/lilo.conf to boot directly from the MBR.
Afterwards you will need to execute: lilo -v

Cheers,
STeven