baslinux - Re: [BL] setting the system date permanently

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] setting the system date permanently
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:34:27 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, holding Esc does it for my Toshiba.

You should get a menu with submenus that lets you
set date and time in
CMOS, which will be retained if the battery still
has a charge.

But i don't see a date on that screen anywhere,
and i've searched thru all the submenus too.

I know that sounds weird, but i can't find one.

Maybe Steven can figure it out on his laptop.
The site I found by searching on your model number and CMOS also has setup.exe for that model. Search on setup.exe and CMOS and the model number to find it.

The computer may date from 1990 - is is really that
old?

The latest date on the BIOS title is 1994.
But BL thinks that i installed BL on that
machine on 1/1/1990.
1994 BIOS means the computer is no older than 1994.

... or it did, anyway. I've changed the date
using DOS and won't know how well it sticks
until after i unplug that machine.

But for right now i'm leaving it plugged in,
because to my surprise, the battery started
showing that it is charging! -- very, very
slowly. It's been plugged in since Wednesday
and in three days the battery has charged from
1% to 35% according to the LCD.

Amazing. You might get 10 minutes of use out of it.
This is the main battery, not the CMOS battery which keeps the time set. If that is also rechargeable (the older ones were) it would explain why you lost the time setting in the first place.
Sindi

-monz