baslinux - Re: [BL] setting the system date permanently

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] setting the system date permanently
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sindi,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> I found a website listing how to get into CMOS
> setup.
> Laptops are highly variable in this respect.
> For the T4800 (without CT) hold down ESC during
> boot.
> Other laptops require F1, F2, F10, Ctrl-Alt-Shift,
> etc.
> (For most of our desktops the magic key is DEL, for
> some it is F2.)

Yes, holding Esc does it for my Toshiba.

> You should get a menu with submenus that lets you
> set date and time in
> CMOS, which will be retained if the battery still
> has a charge.

But i don't see a date on that screen anywhere,
and i've searched thru all the submenus too.

I know that sounds weird, but i can't find one.

> The computer may date from 1990 - is is really that
> old?

The latest date on the BIOS title is 1994.
But BL thinks that i installed BL on that
machine on 1/1/1990.

... or it did, anyway. I've changed the date
using DOS and won't know how well it sticks
until after i unplug that machine.

But for right now i'm leaving it plugged in,
because to my surprise, the battery started
showing that it is charging! -- very, very
slowly. It's been plugged in since Wednesday
and in three days the battery has charged from
1% to 35% according to the LCD.

-monz