baslinux - [BL] rescue disk

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] rescue disk
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 04:56:15 +0000 (UTC)

I was just able to do a translation (text editor) and upload it (ppp-on, ftpput) and email it (telnet to freeshell account) with the 2-floppy BL3.50 and an external modem after my hard disk failed.

Amazingly useful disks.

I needed disk 2 for the dialing modules.

Abiword is less than competent at handling rtf files so I had to use a Win98 laptop to display what I was translating (which was in three meaningful colors but abiword only showed two of them).

Is there some better small rtf displaying program for linux?

Xvesa can use different mouse cursors (Xvesa -fc cursor - you substitute for 'cursor' the name of another file instead of default cursor.pcf.gz) but I can't find any site where the download of cursors works with lynx, links, or opera. Also, Xvesa starts out with an X cursor, which persists in some programs (xpdf?) but turns into a small arrow in others (opera, xv?). Why?