baslinux - Re: [BL] rescue disk

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] rescue disk
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 05:36:44 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Abiword is less than competent at handling rtf files

I frequently do rtf files on AbiWord. I have never
had a problem. Perhaps MicroSoft has introduced
"special" features into Windows RTF, thereby causing
problems on non-Windows systems?

My problem was that Abiword did not display the difference between grey and black text, and I was supposed to translate the black only.

Abiword does not display the tables in WORD either. Or at least not correctly.

Cetus free 1MB wordprocessor for Win98 distinguished between the colors (the 'black' was bright and the 'grey' very pale light bluish).
It was not usable for writing with because the screen displayed blank instead of what I typed - wrong video driver?. Nor was Cetus text editor.

I compiled rt2html 0.2.0 for BSD (at sdf) but lynx does not appear to display the resulting colors, if they were preserved (lt&b?), and I don't have a working linux graphical browser at the moment.

Xvesa starts out with an X cursor, which persists in
some programs (xpdf?) but turns into a small arrow in
others (opera, xv?). Why?

AFAIK those programs have their own cursor(s). Note
how the Opera cursor changes from arrow to finger to
line, depending on what sort of field it is over.

I noticed that too.

So a larger Xvesa cursor would not make opera any more legible.