baslinux - Re: [BL] rescue disk

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] rescue disk
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:05:31 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> My problem was that Abiword did not display the
> difference between grey and black text

Colors? I never use colors in AbiWord (I'm not even
sure whether AbiWord does colors). My printer is a
dot-matrix so colors in documents are useless to me.

> Abiword does not display the tables in WORD either.

Are we talking RTF or DOC? AbiWord only handles simple
DOCs well; it has problems with more complicated ones.
However, I've never had problem with RTFs on AbiWord
(but, of course, I don't do colors).

> So a larger Xvesa cursor would not make opera any more legible.

Opera is not legible for you? Have you tried magnifying
the screen? Opera has a nice magnify feature -- works
for graphics too.