baslinux - Re: [BL] /dev/sequencer and external midi problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /dev/sequencer and external midi problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:38:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Ron Clarke wrote:
Are you using Rosegarden successfully with BL3 ?

libc6 version that I think I found as an rpm is available converted to a
BL2 tgz at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl

An older 1999 version. The newer one has lots of dependencies. Make sure
you have the ones needed for this version. I have only used it in BL2.
You will need to add glibc from SW71 or later and maybe some other X
files.

Not usable (yet) in BL3 even with libc.so.6 from a later Slackware.

Rosegarden requires libX11.so.6 and the BL3 libc5 version does not work.

xinit (using the S3 server from SW71, that still has problems in Opera)
rosegarden
libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: _xstat

The 'static' xpdf also had undefined symbols.

Rosegarden also requires lib SM ICE Xaw Xext Xmu and Xt, some of which are dependent on the first two in this list.

Would someone knowledgeable want to try compiling a later X (source code from SW71 or later) for libc5? This might also fix the problem with S3 and SVGA servers and Opera black on black opening screen.

Or one could replace all of /lib/X11R6 with the BL2 versions, also icewm and xinit and rxvt, all of which require libc6 but so do Rosegarden and Opera. Would libc5 versions be smaller?

I will use BL2 for my midi playing computer, since both the S3 server and Rosegarden work in it.