baslinux - Re: [BL] /dev/sequencer and external midi problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /dev/sequencer and external midi problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:03:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:09:11 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Do you know how to specify which instrument is used by a track in
Rosegarden?

Sindi,

Are you using Rosegarden successfully with BL3 ?

libc6 version that I think I found as an rpm is available converted to a BL2 tgz at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl

An older 1999 version. The newer one has lots of dependencies. Make sure you have the ones needed for this version. I have only used it in BL2.
You will need to add glibc from SW71 or later and maybe some other X files.

Follow INSTALL instructions to untar, move package.tar to /usr/local/bin, move Rosegarden (config file) to where the instructions say. Load X, type rosegarden. Choose notation or sequencing.

If so, what version have you got, and where might it be found.

I have failed to get Rosegarden (newest or nearly so) to run properly in anything, even in SW9.1, but I have a real need for a MIDI sequencer under Linux that will edit MIDIs, and output to an SB16 card.

Use the older version. This one plays MIDIs poorly (staccato), use playmidi (also from my site for BL3 and BL2).

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke