baslinux - Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:30:37 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> > It might work better if you link /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab. Or is it
> > already set up that way? Can't tell, I'm not using your root image
> > at the moment. ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab
>
> Nor am I, I am in DOS. It is set up the way BL3.32 was set up.

/proc/mounts is linked to /etc/mtab.

> I tried to umount things. I don't think I was in the chrooted terminal at
> the time. But at one point I had 5 loop modules when I typed ps and could
> not insmod anything else loop. I am pretty sure that I umounted at least
> once without chrooting and the loop remained.

I am unable to reproduce this. I mounted -o loop both inside and
outside of the chroot and was able to unmount. It successfully
freed the loop device. ps aux showed that loop0, loop1, etc.
disappeared as I unmounted them. I was then able to rmmod
loop.o.

I had to mount proc inside of the chroot. I was able to mount
the flash drive again inside of the chroot environment.

> > The loops are still in use. Try busybox umount or figure out how
> > to get SW umount to realize that it is supposed to free the loop
> > devices when it is done with them. rmmod loop when they are
> > free to kill loop.
>
> I tried three different busybox umounts.
> Maybe mount is getting confused by scsi. Do you have usb-uhci.o that I
> can try in case it works better?

Does the one on 1440.img work?

David