baslinux - Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:38:48 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> I have uploaded an 8MB BL3.32-based linux image file to be chrooted to
> after booting with Steven's 1-floppy USB linux.
>
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/usbcam/usbcam8.gz
>
> and /issue which work for dialing and with zgv. Report any problems.

What am I supposed to do with the issue? Should I put it in /etc to
replace the old one?

> The full (SW71 or maybe it is 81) mount often has problems umounting the
> memory card. Sometimes it fails, sometimes it works but says Couldn't
> umount /mnt. Inappropriate ioctl for device.

It might work better if you link /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab. Or is it
already set up that way? Can't tell, I'm not using your root image
at the moment. ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab

> I cannot kill loop. Once I have done a mount -o loop five times I cannot
> mount anything else loop.

You ran out of loop devices. Did you umount the -o loop mounts?
umount is supposed to free the loop device for the next use, but
it won't if it is sufficiently confused by the chroot.

The loop module ordinarily supports 8 loop devices - mknod
loop6 and loop7 (from implied major and minor numbers of the
previous 5 or 6) if you don't have them. loop.o accepts the
max_loop argument to increase the number of total loop
devices when you insert it.

> kill -9 number does not work.

The loops are still in use. Try busybox umount or figure out how
to get SW umount to realize that it is supposed to free the loop
devices when it is done with them. rmmod loop when they are
free to kill loop.

David