baslinux - Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 8MB camera linux working - view and edit photos
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:32:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

It might work better if you link /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab. Or is it
already set up that way? Can't tell, I'm not using your root image
at the moment. ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab

Nor am I, I am in DOS. It is set up the way BL3.32 was set up.

/proc/mounts is linked to /etc/mtab.

I tried to umount things. I don't think I was in the chrooted terminal at
the time. But at one point I had 5 loop modules when I typed ps and could
not insmod anything else loop. I am pretty sure that I umounted at least
once without chrooting and the loop remained.

I am unable to reproduce this. I mounted -o loop both inside and
outside of the chroot and was able to unmount. It successfully
freed the loop device. ps aux showed that loop0, loop1, etc.
disappeared as I unmounted them. I was then able to rmmod
loop.o.

I had to mount proc inside of the chroot. I was able to mount
the flash drive again inside of the chroot environment.

How do I do this (so that I can mount the usb-storage device)?
Is it something I can do on the same line as chroot /mnt /bin/sh ?
Can I put it into rc or somewhere in the usbcam file to be automatic?

Which *hci are you using? The last four computers I tried are all uhci and I had to use uhci.o.

The loops are still in use. Try busybox umount or figure out how
to get SW umount to realize that it is supposed to free the loop
devices when it is done with them. rmmod loop when they are
free to kill loop.

I tried three different busybox umounts.
Maybe mount is getting confused by scsi. Do you have usb-uhci.o that I
can try in case it works better?

Does the one on 1440.img work?

I will try that in a few days after we conquer scsi boot and put two computers back together. So far I only tested with the larger kernel from BL2 and modules in userspec.tgz.

Did you mean by the 'one' - mount, or usb-uhci.o?

David