baslinux - Re: [BL] Host not found error

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Host not found error
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 02:04:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 RandumAri AT netscape.net wrote:

Wow, thanks for the quick responses, guys!

For the log:
eznet log

thanks, it worked!

Use a terminal program after exiting your connection and type the ati0,
ati1, etc. commands. For USR, ati6 tells your previous connections speeds
(up and down). Don't recall what other makers use.

unfortunately, those commands weren't found.. I did a "find / ati0", which couldn't find it either. I checked a chip on the modem- it said something like Cirus Logic CL M02614 20QC-E (and some more numbers/letters under it). I think that means that its a Cirus Logic modem.

find / -name string

ati0 is a command to the modem issued by a terminal program such as kermit or minicom or microcom (provided with BL3), not a linux command.

BL3 has some brief instructions on how to use microcom. Can someone explain quickly how to send the modem ati commands with it?

Lazarith