baslinux - Re: [BL] Host not found error

  • From: RandumAri AT netscape.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Host not found error
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:41:29 -0400

Wow, thanks for the quick responses, guys!

>For the log:
>eznet log

thanks, it worked!

>Use a terminal program after exiting your connection and type the ati0,
>ati1, etc. commands. For USR, ati6 tells your previous connections speeds
>(up and down). Don't recall what other makers use.
unfortunately, those commands weren't found.. I did a "find / ati0", which
couldn't find it either. I checked a chip on the modem- it said something
like Cirus Logic CL M02614 20QC-E (and some more numbers/letters under it).
I think that means that its a Cirus Logic modem.

>Your problem probably is in /etc/resolv.conf
>Put in the correct DNS addresses for your ISP.
I could be wrong, but isn't dial-up supposed to have that information
automatically set? This could be what's going wrong... it gives me the IP
address I get when I ppp-on. Am I supposed to be doing something with it?
>> Thanks for your help!
>> Lazarith

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.