baslinux - Re: [BL] dietlibc binaries for basiclinux

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dietlibc binaries for basiclinux
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:10:59 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> I also realized that a uClib BL4 would put a huge
> burden on me to compile stuff for users. With
> the current libc5, you can get a lot of useful
> bits+pieces from Slackware 4.0. But with a new
> library everybody would be turning to me (and
> I'm simply too busy over the next six months to
> fulfill to such requests).

There do seem to be others onlist that are willing to do some compiling.
Sindi has done a bit, and David has lately been doing quite alot. I'd like
to try my hand at some more, but cannot say for sure when I will have time
for it and how much. I think Christof did some compiling too. This is just
to say that some users would likely be willing to step in and help with
compiling. Being the main developer, responsibility ultimately falls on
you, it's true. But the community does seem to be expanding and it seems
some members with capabilities beyond those of us who have been doing most
of the posting are coming onboard.

James