baslinux - Re: [BL] Hybrid BL1/BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hybrid BL1/BL3
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:02:50 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> What other capabilities omitted from BL3

The config for the BL3 kernel is on the BasicLinux homepage.

> 30MB drive.

Ouch. That's small. If it were mine, I'd do:
-----------------------------------
/dev/hda1 DOS 20mb
/dev/hda2 Linux swap 3mb
/dev/hda3 Linux native 7mb
-----------------------------------
After installing BL3, delete the entire /usr/X11R6 tree
plus any other large executables/modules you don't need.

> I will see if we can find a larger drive among the dead
> 386 and 486 laptops that is compatible with that computer.

You might be able to bring one of those dead laptops to
life with a little tweaking. I recently got an old laptop
which appeared to be dead (the power light came on but
nothing happened). Just for fun I put an HD from another
dead laptop into it and it came to life and booted perfectly.
It is now my best laptop.