baslinux - [BL] Re: BL2 cannot read pdf 1.5

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: BL2 cannot read pdf 1.5
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:01:12 -0400 (EDT)

I found a Deb gs aladdin 7.07 (debian.paradise.net.nz) for 'pool'. What
is pool? A hour later I determined it needs glibc 2.3.1. Debian archives
remain sealed. Debian gs works with svgalib or X but where on earth can
one get something for Debian 2.2 potato (glibc 2.1.3) or even for what
they claim is current stable woody (kernel 2.2.2, glibc ?). Hal sent me
Deb 2.1 but I doubt it will have a later gs than SW71 since it is older.
(On top of which I can't even look at it because my CD-ROM drive refuse to
umount even tho it is not busy.)

It might be time to install SW81 gs 7.05 and rename the old one so I can
use both. THe SW81 version no longer supports vgalib so cannot display
without X, but I think I can get around that by converting to ps and using
bmv (assuming the SW81 pdf2ps works on pdf 1.5 files).