baslinux - [BL] Midnight Commander

  • From: "Ian." <ian.freedomnet AT softhome.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Midnight Commander
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:51:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Im new to Linux. Ive managed to put BL1.8 onto a hard drive.
Im very much a Norton Commander clone user, Volkov C' and Far,
actually, so Id like to get a good installation of Midnight
Commander going. Ive got the stripped down version of MC from
the BL site working but I cant get any other version (Slackware
3.5 , SW 3.1 , "mini-mc") to work even though I managed to track
down the Library files that it says it needs (from Slackware 9.1).
BL just gives up and returns to the login when I try to startup
MC from the bash prompt. Has any one here had any success with
MC?
Thought Id ask here before I try to download any other enormous
tgz files.

--
Bye now,
Ian.