baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: Stefan Güls <sguels AT gmx.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:27:47 +0200

Hi all!

In order to get the ISDN working on my machine I think I have to solve some
hardware issues first.
Reading through the ISDN-Howto it says that only 2.0-kernels require the
isapnp-package to get the ISA-Cards working. Nevertheless I installed isapnp
and ran pnpdump, but nothing was found... (true with the stock BL2
zimage-kernel and the slackware bzImage-kernel)

So i could use some advice from somebody more knowledgeable in hardware
configuration under Linux.
Do I need the isapnp-package installed (and configured!) or not? The
Fritz!-card I'm using is the only card in the system, (apart from a bultin
modem device, but that's not _physically_ located on the ISA-bus, it has
sort of his own card slot apart from the ISA-slots).
The card uses I/O 0x240 (selected by jumper) and IRQ 3 (autoconfigured), at
least in win98, how do I tell this to the kernel?

>The kernel needs to have the capability to accept those modules.
>In order to keep the BL2 kernel small, I left out a several
>capabilities (including sound and ISDN).

actually it's an advantage, because the isdn4linux-module is obviously
designed for kernels without builtin ISDN support, and uncommenting the
'insmod slhc' and adding 'insmod isdn' in rc.S seems to work (lsmod says
slhc is used by isdn...) but trying to load the hardware driver module HiSax
fails....

Greets,
Stefan