baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:29:12 +1200

Stefan Güls wrote:

> >Another possibility is that when you opened the case to insert
> >the ISDN card you accidently unseated the modem card. Or, if
> >you removed the telephone line when you opened the case, you
> >might have put it in the wrong port when you re-inserted it.
>
> the STUPID stuff is always first on my checklist....

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. It's just that whenever I
remove the phone line from my modem, I usually plug it back into
the wrong hole. To avoid this, I now have a piece of tape over
the unused hole.

> Why do you think the Standard BL (Zimage)-Kernel won't work?
> Insmod the isdn- and hisax modules ain't not enough?

The kernel needs to have the capability to accept those modules.
In order to keep the BL2 kernel small, I left out a several
capabilities (including sound and ISDN).