baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: Stefan Güls <sguels AT gmx.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 00:04:45 +0200

>Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. It's just that whenever I
>remove the phone line from my modem, I usually plug it back into
>the wrong hole. To avoid this, I now have a piece of tape over
>the unused hole.

Hey, I'm fine, it was just my flavor of sarcasm... ;-))

>>Why do you think the Standard BL (Zimage)-Kernel won't work?
>>Insmod the isdn- and hisax modules ain't not enough?

>The kernel needs to have the capability to accept those modules.
>In order to keep the BL2 kernel small, I left out a several
>capabilities (including sound and ISDN).

Oh, I see...
So I downloaded the ISDN and hisax-Mods (for the kernel 2.2.16 version)
from the Slackware-site and they load ok, without complaints or warnings.
lsmod returnes everything is fine, but you say I can't trust that?? Anyway,
I´ll try it with the bzImage-kernel, and if I got it going I´ll test what
happens when I use your stripped-down one.

Greets,
Stefan