baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:16:17 +1200

Stefan Güls wrote:

> But for my better understanding: Why did the modem quit functioning?
> Although it's an internal one, it was adressed by /dev/ttys1 (Com2).
> Why does this interact with an ISA-Card being added...???

Your ISDN card is ISA? I assumed it was PCI. Perhaps the
two ISA cards are trying to use the same IRQ?

Another possibility is that your COM2 port is still active
and is conflicting with the internal modem using the same port.

Another possibility is that when you opened the case to insert
the ISDN card you accidently unseated the modem card. Or, if
you removed the telephone line when you opened the case, you
might have put it in the wrong port when you re-inserted it.