baslinux - Re: [BL] Web Browser with PHP?

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Web Browser with PHP?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:08:48 -0400 (EDT)

> > I'm kinda idiot in terms of web browser..I usually
> > surf around the website...and I oftenly come across
> > php website..don't really need mail application as I
> > usually check my mail through yahoo mails..therefore,
> > netscape would be rather big for me..is there any web
> > browser that can suit this need? if yes..how do I go
> > about it?

Howard compiled lynx 2.8.4 static with ssl for basiclinux. You don't need
to deal with debian packages. Steven, if you have not already done so,
could you please post Howard's lynx (and zgv) or put a link to them?
The Slackware 7.1 lynx 2.8.3 does not include ssl support.

The ar.tar.gz referred to is a small package I put together containing ar
and other required files needed to unpackage a debian package so that it
can be installed in basiclinux. The files can also be found at Slackware
in binutils.tgz. ar, the man page for it ar.1.gz, and a related library
file libbfd..........