baslinux - Re: [BL] Web Browser with PHP?

  • From: Neo Sze Wee <neoszewee AT gmx.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Web Browser with PHP?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:00:08 +0000

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:58:43PM +0800, Yong Beng Ong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope I'm getting close to finish on basic linux
> which can suit my needs...surf the net...
>
> I'm kinda idiot in terms of web browser..I usually
> surf around the website...and I oftenly come across
> php website..don't really need mail application as I
> usually check my mail through yahoo mails..therefore,
> netscape would be rather big for me..is there any web
> browser that can suit this need? if yes..how do I go
> about it?

Lynx and links, both commandline browser, compiled with ssl with be able
to assess Yahoo Mail. I am not sure the lynx package in slackware 7.1 is
ssl aware but it. Otherwise, go to:

Debian GNU/Linux -- Packages|http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Search lynx. Download the required binaries. Send another email to this
list to ask for ar.tar.gz. Extract the archive and use ar to extract the
packages you download from debian.