b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Self-study materials for Learning Biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Self-study materials for Learning Biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:50:47 -0700

> I learned Hebrew through regular course work, but I have a colleague
> who asked me what I'd recommend for self-study. Self-study never works
> for me and I have no suggestions. Does anyone on the list have such
> a suggestion? Thanks.
> Ken Litwak

There is only one Biblical Hebrew course out there where all the Hebrew
material is recorded, multiple voices, and lessons filled with recorded Hebrew
drills with spaces for responses/thinking/learning. In addition, it is the
only
course that leads a student into thinking in Hebrew, rather than translation,
and that from the very beginning.
Living Biblical Hebrew, Introduction, Two Parts, was written as a
self-learning
program. It costs some money, but it takes students to places that a textbook
cannot go. (PS: the author is myself, and Biblical Language Center, the
publisher. Some websearches turn up bogus copies with other authors
named or added, or other 'publishers'.)

blessings
Randall Buth

--