b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew orthographical practices in light of epigraphy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew orthographical practices in light of epigraphy
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:15:19 +0300

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM, K Randolph wrote:
> Yitzhak:
>
>> No, it is not.  See for example the Use Agreement at
>> http://www.inscriptifact.com/

> For the list, the images are 1) for study purposes, [...]

Karl, I think the license agreement that I sent is pretty clear on
prohibiting any
kind of reduplication without explicit permission. Incidentally, you
might consider
filling out the form and faxing it in...

>> This is really interesting, because I consider the Gezer calendar to be in
>> a possibly cognate language.

I'm going to interject here and ask that you explain why you think the Gezer
calendar to be in Hebrew and not in a cognate language. This will help me in
other cases of possibly Hebrew possibly cognate language inscriptions.

>> See the response to James (probably over your limit) for other examples
>> from Lachish 3:

I see you did not respond to the examples from Lachish 3.

As for Siloam and Gezer, I also see your reading is extremely different from
anything I would consider. Can you please give your transcription and
translation
for these? I don't know if you complete lacunae in any particular
way, but if you
do, I'd appreciate it if you included the text you suggest for the lacunae.

Thanks.

Yitzhak Sapir