b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Self-study materials for Learning Biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: steve AT voiceinwilderness.info
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Self-study materials for Learning Biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:07:24 +0300

I am hoping, at some time in the near future, to design and make available
some data driven exercises extracted from the data in the b-hebrew corpus
with the aim of getting students reading high frequency vocabulary and
functions as quickly as possible. However, as this is obviously going to
take some time and effort (and as I won't be willing to sell courses to
recuperate costs) it would be nice to have an idea what kind of demand there
is for online beginners Hebrew courses. Obviously, the more demand I see the
more I'll feel motivated and that what I am doing is worthwhile. Please all
spread the word to any prospective beginning Hebrew students and get them to
write to me so I can get an idea of how worthwhile this project would be.

James Christian