b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The use of the Yiqtol in Isaiah 1:21

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Joseph Justiss <jljustiss AT msn.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The use of the Yiqtol in Isaiah 1:21
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:16:18 -0500

To everyone who has responded to this issue which I raised I gratefully offer
my thanks. Your suggestions have been very interesting and thought provoking.
I now ask this. With all the disagreement and lack of consensus regarding the
verbal system in BH, doesn't it at least force us to make a serious listen to
the Richter's, Schneider's, and Taltra's who insist that the closest thing we
can get to a living informant of these dead languages is the data gleaned
from analysing the frequency and distribution of these verbal forms in the
texts and proceed from form to function letting the data speak for itself?

Thanks

Joe Justiss

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry
http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009