b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tense and aspect; was: "The use of "

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tense and aspect; was: "The use of "
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:15:56 -0400

Jason,

I am sorry, but I still find what you are saying too diffused for an answer, but I would love to hear from you anything concrete. For instance, I am making the claim that in the Hebrew word $ABUR, 'broken', the internal U is actually the inserted Hebrew personal pronoun HU) [הוא] referring to the thing broken. Do you agree with this?

Isaac Fried, Boston University