b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:52:42 +0100

On 01/09/2006 18:22, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
1. I thought we were talking about the Torah position on this.

Indeed, in the sense of the five books of Moses. And there is nothing in the Torah about prophets being verified by the Sanhedrin.

How could your Sanhedrin based on the Temple Mount verify Ezekiel who ministered as a prophet in Babylon? And, if they existed as early as that, how did they avoid exile themselves? And why is there no mention of them in any of the books of the Tanakh?
The source for this is various places in the Oral Torah.

We are not talking about the Oral Torah. Remember that that is not accepted as authoritative by all on this list, any more than the teaching of Jesus is.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org