b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:54:49 +0200

Karl,

There are often more than one term that have close meanings. I don't dispuet
XPR or NQR, but they don't mean that KRH doesn't have a similar meaning. As
far as 2 Kings 12:6,8, I've already posted sevearl other instances of the
verb NKR, "to know/recognize": In the hiph'il the nun is dropped; in Ps.
142:5 (v. 4 in English), "ve)eyn-liy makkir" - "there was no-one who knows
me". Look also at Gen. 27:23, Deut. 33:9, Judges 18:3 and so on.

Yigal