b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 02:39:13 -0500

Yigal:

I was lazy on this issue, and looked up the occurances of KRH in a
concordance. Though I have disputed the pointings in some cases, I know of no
reason to dispute the pointings for any of the occurances of KRH. That
includes Hos. 3:2.

As for Biblical Hebrew words meaning digging, we have at least XPR meaning to
delve, unearth, both literally as in digging (e.g. a well Gen. 21:30, 26:21)
and metaphorically in searching out, and NQR which has the implication of
digging a hole.

As for the participial use in 2 Kings 12:6,8, there’s enough to make that a
discussion on its own, so I won’t push it now. However there is a word for
“acquaintance” MWD(.

I think you are stretching to maintain your definition.

Karl W. Randolph.