b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] syntax question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Richard Burks <rburks9400 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Liz Fried <lizfried AT umich.edu>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] syntax question
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:02:06 -0500

Liz,

As I noted maybe I was missing something ... However if both the clauses
have a perfective meaning then they seem to say what you are asking ...
Exactly what time in the past does not seem important, the fact that both
clauses in your example are completed action seem the critical factor to me.
But then I don't see why you would have to say it differently in modern
Hebrew either.

I guess I will let someone else respond ... And maybe I will learn
something.

Bill