b-hebrew - Re: Gramcord or Accordance?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gramcord or Accordance?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:50:15 -0600

> Do not forget that for PC we have BibleWorks 5. I don't think Accordance is
> superior. Maybe in some aspects Accordance is superior but in some other
> aspects BibleWorks 5 is better. They are both first-rate programs for the
> study of the Bible in the original languages.

Years ago I got a sweet deal on the Logos package with all the
Hebrew & Greek bells and whistles. It's a decent package, and the
new Libronix search engine makes it even better. It also is very
easy to add books to it, though they haven't presented anything
related to the DSS texts yet. The old search engine was pretty weak
in the area of grammatical searches, the Libronix seems to be
somewhat better but still could use some improvement. And of
course, both exclude vowels from the search capability in Hebrew. I
haven't used BibleWorks yet, mainly because of the cost, but I have
yet to hear anything negative about it. Ditto for Accordance.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Ah, a bear in his natural habitat:
a Studebaker."