b-hebrew - RE: TOHUW WA BOHUW in Gen & Jer.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: TOHUW WA BOHUW in Gen & Jer.
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:05:18 +0100

Lawrence, if you don't understand something, please feel free to ask.
But please don't suggest that anything you don't understand is nonsense,
or anti-Christian and anti-Jewish. Some on this list may not be
interested in spiritual messages; after all, this is a list about
language not about theology. If you think I am not interested, you are
wrong. But before we can find spiritual messages in a text we first need
to understand what the text actually says. For that, both you and I need
to continue to study the Hebrew language, and to learn from the insights
of those who know more than we do.

Peter Kirk

Hebrew