b-hebrew - More Temporal Prepositions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jack Stewart" <jack_stewart_ AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: More Temporal Prepositions
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:13:45 +0000

Hello - I recently asked for references and help regarding the 'B' preposition before verbs to indicate 'time when' or something to that effect. Does the preposition 'K' work in the same way? I am reading Exodus 31:18, and that preposition seems to precede a Piel Infinitive Construct at the beginning of the sentence. It is the first time I have seen this, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas regarding its precise meaning and how it differs from the 'B' preposition in similar situations.

Many thanks!

Jack Stewart

UK