b-hebrew - TOHUW WA BOHUW in Gen & Jer.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Andrew.Wergeland AT mf.no
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: TOHUW WA BOHUW in Gen & Jer.
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:53:47 +0100

In the discussion following Lawrence's first post, did anyone try to answer
his question?

>destruction by the Chaldeans and Israel's enemies. I believe Genesis 1:2
describes the
>Earth after the rebellion of Lucifer and his followers. What linguistic
analysis is
>there that would deny this interpretation?

I'll give it a try: No linguistic analysis of the text will confirm nor
deny an interpretation concerning "Lucifer and his followers" since they
are present nowhere in the text.

Maybe I misunderstood the question?

--
Stud.Theol. Andrew Wergeland
Fakultetslærar (vik.) - Det gamle testamentet (Hebraisk) /

Det teologiske Menighetsfakultet /
The Nowegian Lutheran School of Theology
Postboks 5144, Majorstua
N-0302 OSLO

Tlf: (+47) 22 59 05 00 (sentralbord/switchboard) / 22 59 06 10
(direkte/office)
Fax: (+47) 22 69 18 90
E-mail: Andrew.Wergeland AT mf.no