b-hebrew - Re: SV: SV: QohSV: Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Leeroy Malachinski" <Leeroy AT cool.dk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: SV: SV: QohSV: Qoheleth
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:16:02 -0400

I don't have any strong feelings on the date of Qohelet and I don't really
know much about it's language. However, I recently read Qohelet and one
thing that struck me was what I perceived to be similarities of language
to sections of Mishna Pirkei Avot - whatever that is worth. Some of this
could perhaps be explained as similarity of topic. However, I wonder
whether anyone has seen any comparison between Qohelet and Pirkei Avot and
if so what conclusions were reached? Or has the language of Qohelet been
compared to other rabbinic literature?

Brachot,

Leeroy

(P. S. This message was sent before I had a chance to read all the
numerous postst hat appeared tonight. I apologize if I ask something that
has already been discussed).