xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Anoop kumar V <anoopkumarv AT gmail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:21:41 -0500

Yes - as far as what I have read - Oracle 9i and moreso 10g has XML
support. There is also a datatype called XMLType on which you have an array
of functions.

If you are dealing with data that is not XMLType, then you should atleast
have it (or convert it to) a CLOB and then you can exploit more or less the
same functions..

In my case, unfortunately however, the XML document data is stored in a
column of type LONG - and Oracle has little to no functions to work on LONG
- hence I need to read / stream this data and use an external tool (like
NUX, Saxon) to parse this data using Xquery...

Hope that helps,
Anoop

--
Thanks and best regards,