xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Anoop kumar V <anoopkumarv AT gmail.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:00:41 -0500

Hi All,

I am trying to use Nux in one of our projects. I have read that it supports
XQuery and is really one of the fastest solutions available.

What I am trying to do is to connect to an Oracle database and run XQuery on
every field of a table that contains an xml document. I intend to use the
collection() input feature of XQuery.

What I am struggling with now is how can I tell collection() to look at a
particular table. Does Nux itself provide some handles that will establish a
datasource or make a connection to a database provided I give it the
connection string?? Then every table within that connection (schema in
oracle) will be available to the collection() input of XQuery??

As of now I am still experimenting and I have found a utility XJC (xdbc)
from datadirect and another utility called Xquare that provide some API to
connect to a datasource. I can go ahead and use those but I do not want to
miss out on the superior performance features of nux if nux provides the
same hooks.

Also - I have read that the collection() is dependent on the actual database
that it will operate upon - in my case I will be using oracle 9i - so is
there something I should look out for - any documentation abt this would be
immensely helpful

--
Thanks and best regards,
Anoop