xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hoschek AT mac.com>
  • To: Anoop kumar V <anoopkumarv AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Nux | Oracle database connections to use collection() in XQuery
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:29:49 -0800

I'm not sure how you might have got the impression that Nux is, or connects to, a database system.
Sorry, but that's not what it's designed for. Rather it's designed to operate on streams or main memory trees.

You could override the Saxon collection() function via Configuration.setCollectionURIResolver, but this is 1) not really a task for beginners as it involves Saxon specific knowledge and 2) unlikely to scale in a database setting unless perhaps in very specific simple cases.

So, for this sort of functionality, you're probably much better off with something like DataDirect XQuery or Oracle's built in beta support for XQuery, or similar.

Wolfgang.