xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Charset encoding problem

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Alex Blewitt <alex_blewitt AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "John.Cowan" <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Charset encoding problem
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:17:03 +0100 (BST)

It looks like it's finding the crimson parser from
rt.jar in the default Java 1.4 install. And, because
it's on the bootclasspath, there's no way of
overriding it with a more updated crimson parser (even
if there were such a thing :-)

Why does Sun bundle open-source stuff as part of the
main JVM install? It's just the same with Apple's
implementation of the JVM ... all it means is that you
can never upgrade those libraries afterwards ...

With that rant over, is there a good way of specifying
a better library to use, or is it just a case of
including it on the classpath?