xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Yet another crimson DTD bug

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Yet another crimson DTD bug
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:12:08 +0100

On Apr 8, 2005 1:19 PM, Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
> > On the subject of gump, Xom is failing:
> >
> > http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/xom/xom/gump_work/build_xom_xom.html
> > Do you want/need some changes to your config there, to track what you
> > are up to in Jaxen?
>
> The specific error message is:
>
> /home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/xom/build.xml:285: problem
> opening /home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/xom/${jaxen.jar}
>
> I had noticed that and I think I fixed it. The current build.xml file no
> longer requires jaxen,jar to build. (It loads the jaxen source code
> straight out of CVS.) However I do see a couple of places in build.xml
> where I am still referencing jaxen.jar, so maybe that's the problem. I
> didn't think any of those were referenced by the compile and jar
> targets, but who knows. Anyway, I've deleted those and we'll see if gump
> runs now.

There are a couple of bits in the gump/projects/xom.jar that worry me.

<project name="xom">
<package>nu.xom</package>
<ant target="jar">
<property name="version" value="@@DATE@@"/>
//this is the bit that worries me. I dont know enough about
gump-xml to know exactly what it means, but I suspect it could be
setting the ant property "jaxen.jar" to something.
<property name="jaxen.jar" reference="jar" project="jaxen"/>
</ant>

///further down, a ref to dom4j which is probably moot.
<depend project="jaxen-from-packaged-dom4j"/>

Lets see what tonight's run does. The trouble with gumping is that it
takes 24h to get feedback, and if you are a major project (like
xerces), you get a lot of hate mail when you break everyone's code.

If it doesnt work tomorrow, we can get the gump team to assist with
the problem. I'd probably only break things if I fiddled with the
configuration file blindly.

-steve