xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Catalogs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Andrew Thompson <lordpixel AT mac.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Catalogs
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:42:15 -0500

Andrew Thompson wrote:

Another feature question that I couldn't find in the FAQs and that wasn't obvious from the API docs.

What's the best way of using XML Catalogs with XOM?

I assume that the xml-commons catalog entity resolver can be plugged in somehow if my underlying parser is Xerces, but it's not current clear to me how to do this... is there a recommended approach?

You can plug it into the SAX XMLReader as you would any other EntityResolver, before using it to create a builder. XOM even has special code to recognizer this case and will not reverify data the catalog resolver passes it, as it would with untrusted SAX filters.

Catalog support is also on the TODO list, but probably not in 1.1.

--
Elliotte