xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d2: At Long Last: XPath

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Owen Berry <owen.berry AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d2: At Long Last: XPath
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:34:42 -0500

Owen Berry wrote:

I feel like I'm being really stupid here. Maybe it is because I have a
newborn and am sleep deprived. Does this enhancement include XPath
support for XInclude? If so, please can you provide a simple example
of the XML syntax.

No, not yet. Possibly I could implement the xpath XPointer scheme, though doing so would require also implementing the xmlns scheme. Implementing the xpointer scheme (which is died in process, and was never really released) would require quite a bit more work.