xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d2: At Long Last: XPath

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1d2: At Long Last: XPath
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:51:15 -0500

I'm pleased to announce XOM 1.1d2. Most significantly this release integrates XPath based on the JAXEN engine. You will need the Jaxen JAR file bundled with this release rather than the standard JAR. The JAR bundled with XOM includes a number of significant bug fixes made over the last week, and is up to date with the latest Jaxen CVS, though it omits a number of packages XOM does not depend on.

You can download the release from one of these two URLs:

http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/xom-1.1d2.zip
http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/xom-1.1d2.tar.gz

I haven't yet made web pages for this release because I need to figure out how to integrate the development version into the site without overwriting the released 1.0 version.

Besides the XPath support, this release also fixes a number of bugs in the handling of internal DTD subsets. All entity declarations in the internal subset are now preserved, which improves round-tripping in some unusual cases. Furthermore, a few tricky characters like & and " are now escaped with numeric character references when they appear in declarations in the internal DTD subset. Finally, a few bugs were fixed in XOMTestCase.

I am considering whether it makes sense to release a 1.0.1 branch that fixes these bugs in the release tree.