xom-interest - RE: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 proposal: xml:id

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Dirk Bergstrom'" <dirk AT juniper.net>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 proposal: xml:id
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:42:19 -0000

There's a real-world example on the Wrox XSLT help list this morning with
some poor user struggling to understand why their id() function isn't
selecting the attribute they thought they had described as an ID. They
probably copied the document a couple of times and the magic ID-ness got
lost en route.

Of course like all these late fixes to XML it will create as many problems
as it solves, due to some processors supporting it and others not.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/