xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 proposal: xml:id

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.1 proposal: xml:id
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:37:20 -0500

John Cowan wrote:

Actually, it doesn't. MUST merely means that it is non-conformant for
an xml:id processor to act otherwise. It does not imply, as it does
in the XML recommendation, that the document must be rejected.

OK. That's clearer.

Do we really want to reject documents on parse that do not satisfy the first two constraints? Maybe.

You have to report. It's up to you whether you want to refuse as well.

XOM really doesn't have a way to report other than refusing. I suspect I'm going to refuse.